EDLP Mission, Vision and Values
Mission: the mission is the general goal that will act as the ultimate reference of the performance of the entity.
The GALP A Mariña-Ortegal wants to contribute to the creation of a modern and dynamic sea area that bets on an innovative, strong and sustainable fishing sector capable of generating quality work, and for revaluing, protecting and diversifying the use of natural and cultural heritage counting on the involvement of the whole coastal community.
Vision: Vision is, in essence, an image that is projected in the future that is desired for the GALP. It is an "ideal" utopian factor that pushes the organization to act in an integrated way.
The GALP A Mariña-Ortegal aims to become a reference in the design and implementation of actions aimed at promoting a balanced and sustainable development of the maritime area, with a significant presence of a modern, open and highly involved fishing sector, And with an intelligent use of the natural and patrimonial resources through the collaboration and participation of the different agents present in the territory, that makes A Mariña Ortegal a unique and differentiated territory.
Values: Any organization that promotes initiatives of a public or personal nature, is based on a series of values, which are a central element that articulates the definition of its strategies. These are inherent in organizations, but they are also a certain way of managing processes.
GALP A Mariña-Ortegal is committed to the following values:
- The coast must be a sustainable, planned, modern, culturally innovative, dynamic maritime area that generates employment for the well-being of its community and has good services and infrastructure.
- The centrality of the fishing sector for the development of the area and the need to strengthen its role through the diversification of activities, the commitment to innovation, and the search for greater profitability and added value of its productive resources.
- The commitment to greater integration and collaboration of the fishing sector with other economic sectors, with a real involvement and participation of the coastal community.
- The importance of cultural heritage and maritime traditions for the development of the identity of the maritime area, and the need for its conservation and value for the population as a whole.
- Bear in mind the principle of sustainable development of the coastal zone that is based on the conservation of natural resources, prevention of pollution, and carrying out activities that try not to alter the balance of ecosystems.
- Value of the wealth of the natural and cultural resources of the maritime area and its possibilities to increase the economic activity of the area, especially through tourism.
- The promotion of effective participation, to reinforce local governance and contribute to improve the joint work among the agents of the territory.