EDLP Mission, Vision and Values
Mission: the mission is the general goal that will act as the ultimate reference of the performance of the entity.
GALP Ría de Vigo-A Guarda will promote the development of projects and actions aimed at achieving a balanced, sustainable and integrative development of its maritime area of influence for the benefit of the population as a whole, providing the presence of the fishing sector in economic terms And employment, respecting and preserving the natural environment and cultural heritage and with a real and effective participation of agents and population of the territory.
Vision: Vision is, in essence, an image that is projected in the future that is desired for the GALP. It is an "ideal" utopian factor that pushes the organization to act in an integrated way.
The GALP Ría de Vigo-A Guarda wants its coastal zone to have a rational, sustainable and integrated management of the physical and natural environment, with a strong fishing sector capable of generating quality employment and with a greater degree of integration with other activities With a clean and well-maintained maritime area and a revaluation of its cultural heritage, with a greater involvement and participation of the local community as a whole.
Values: any organization that promotes initiatives of a public or private nature is based on a series of values, which are a central element that articulates the definition of its strategies. These are inherent in organizations, but they are also a certain way of managing processes.
The GALP assumes the following values:
- The Ría de Vigo-A Guarda must be a dynamic, orderly area that generates economic and labor opportunities, with a balanced and integrated management of resources to achieve a balance between wealth, work, tourism and the environment.
- The need to have a strong fishing sector, with quality employment and integrated in other economic activities of the coastal zone, through cooperation and collaboration between the different agents of the territory.
- The conservation and preservation of natural wealth, with a commitment to sustainable development models that maintain the equilibria of the ecosystems and incorporate pollution prevention instruments.
- The commitment to sustainable urban development and tourism, which has a greater involvement of the coastal community and which emphasizes environmental and cultural criteria and the search for the welfare of the population as a whole
- The importance of the maritime cultural heritage and its traditions for the formation of the territorial identity, as well as the need to preserve it and put in value for the benefit of the community as a whole.
- The participation, involvement and information of the whole of the citizenship and the collaboration and coordination between territorial agents as central elements in guaranteeing a good management of the resources.